Resetting a student’s password
If a student requests to have their password reset
- Navigate to the Student Profile
- Click the Reset Password button next to the Student ID
- Confirm the action ***NOTE: THIS ACTION CANNOT BE UNDONE*** by clicking Reset Student Password button
- You will be shown a randomized password and a tokenized URL that the student can use to reset their password
***THIS PASSWORD CODE OR URL IS ONLY VALID FOR 24 HOURS. AFTER THAT TIME, YOU WILL NEED TO REQUEST A NEW RESET***
- Emailing Student
A. If the student/parent has a valid email in the system, click “Email Student/Parents and an email will be sent to the student/parents with the information and instructions on how to reset their password.
B. If the student/parent does not have a valid email in the system and the instructor clicks the email Students/Parents button, an error message will be displayed.
- If the student DOES NOT have a valid email in the system, you can click “Copy to Clipboard” and print it out for the student.
- When you are done, click close to close the window.
Email to student/parent will read:
Student Reset Password:
When a student clicks the hyperlink in the email, they will be directed to this page which will allow them to reset their password.