This article walks you through creating and sending a group email.
You can also create an email draft for communications you send out regularly but don't want to recreate each time. For instruction on creating and sending group email drafts, see Create a group email draft and, Use an email draft to send email.
- On the Main Sections menu, click Communicate, and then click Group Email.
- Click the Options tab and using the filtering options, select the recipients for your group email.
To narrow down your email distribution list, select the applicable options in the additional filter boxes. To remove any selections, clear the check box(es).
If you want to remove all selections and start again, click .
- Click the Addresses tab. Per your selections on the previous tab, a listing of all people matching your criteria is displayed. You can clear any check boxes of people you don't want to include in the email.
- When you are ready to write the email, click the Compose tab.
- If you want to carbon copy additional people, enter the names in the CC field. Use a semicolon to separate addresses.
- To add an attachment, click and locate your attachment. To add an additional attachment, click . To delete the attachment, click .
- When finished adding attachments, upload the attachments by clicking .
- For Send, select Now to send immediately, or select Later and then choose the Schedule Date and Schedule Time.
- Add a subject and then type the email message. The subject line cannot contain special characters.
- Click .
Things to keep in mind
- The email From address shows the name of your school and then "CharmsEmailSender@charmsmusic.com". For example: Jenny's School of Music-Charms Office <CharmsEmailSender@charmsmusic.com>
- The Reply To is defaulted to the address of the person composing the group email.
- Group emails are sent individually to each recipient selected in your filters. Recipients only see their name on the email.
- Users flagged as the School Head Director are blind-copied on all group emails.